Using This Product in Your Classroom
This is a writing unit for the month of March and covers Common Core standards for 6th grade writing. The standard and objectives are written on each lesson. For each writing topic of persuasive, informative, and narrative writing there are 4-5 lessons. The lessons build on each other and end with a final writing project.
For persuasive writing the students will write a letter to their families convincing them of where to go for the next family vacation. They can choose anywhere in the world.
Informative writing will include an in-depth country report. The ending project will be to put a lapbook together about their country.
Finally, for narrative writing, students will choose to either write about a personal experience traveling out of the country, or write from a bird’s point of view traveling the world. With the anchor charts, I would print them out and laminate them to hang in the classroom and refer to as needed. This product also includes 6 writing centers that are world/travel themed and cover the 6 traits of writing.
Last, there are 8 journal prompts that are world/travel themed. These could be used during center time or for a self start.
Standards covered are:
Check out the ENTIRE Bundle: 6th Grade Writing by the Month Bundle: The Entire Year!
Check out my other Writing by the Month Products!
- Back to School Writing by the Month: September. Grade 6 Common Core Aligned
- Halloween Writing by the Month: October. Grade 6 Common Core Aligned
- Thanksgiving Writing by the Month: November. Grade 6 Common Core Aligned
- Christmas Writing by the Month: December. Grade 6 Common Core Aligned
- January Writing by the Month: Fairy Tales. Grade 6 Common Core Aligned
- February Writing by the Month: Myths. Grade 6 Common Core Aligned