Using This Product in Your Classroom
This is a writing unit for the month of November that covers Common Core standards for 5th grade writing. The standard and objectives are written on each lesson.
For each writing topic of persuasive, informative, and narrative writing there are 4-5 lessons. The lessons build on each other and end with a final writing project. For Persuasive Writing the students will write a letter to their family persuading them to eat out or stay at home for Thanksgiving. Informative Writing will include a newspaper group project where they will write about a November themed topic. Finally, for Narrative Writing, students will write a personal thankful narrative essay.
With the anchor charts, I would print them out and laminate them to hang in the classroom and refer to as needed.
This product also includes 6 writing centers that are November/Thanksgiving themed that cover the 6 traits of writing.
Last, there are 8 journal prompts that are November themed. These could be used during center time or for a self start.
Standards covered are:
Check out the 5th Grade Writing by the Month Bundle: The Entire Year!
Check out my other Writing by the Month Products:
- Halloween Writing by the Month: October. Grade 5 Common Core Aligned
- Back to School Writing by the Month:September. Grade 5 Common Core Aligned
- Christmas Writing by the Month:December. Grade 5 Common Core Aligned
- January Writing by the Month:Fairy Tales. Grade 5 Common Core Aligned
- February Writing by the Month: Myths. Grade 5 Common Core Aligned
- March Writing by the Month: Country Reports. Grade 5 Common Core Aligned