This is a writing unit for the month of October that covers Common Core standards for 4th grade writing. The standard and objectives are written on each lesson. For each writing topic of persuasive, informative, and narrative writing there are 4-5 lessons. The lessons build on each other and end with a final writing project.
For Persuasive Writing the students will make a persuasive brochure advertising a monster.
Informative Writing will include a research project looking into the origin of Halloween and writing a final paper.
Finally, for Narrative Writing, students will write a spooky story with a fun haunted house as the cover. With the anchor charts, I would print them out and laminate them to hang in the classroom and refer to as needed. I also made half sheet sizes so they can be glued in student journals or kept at student desks as a reference. The end of this product includes 6 writing centers that are Halloween/October themed that cover the 6 traits of writing.
Standards covered are:
Check out the ENTIRE Writing by the Month Bundle: 4th Grade Writing by the Month Bundle: The Entire Year!
Check out my other Writing by the Month products:
- Thanksgiving Writing by the Month: November. Grade 4 Common Core Aligned
- Back to School Writing by the Month: September. Grade 4 Common Core Aligned
- Christmas Writing by the Month: December. Grade 4 Common Core Aligned
- January Writing by the Month: Fairy Tales. Grade 4 Common Core Aligned
- March Writing by the Month: Country Reports. Grade 4 Common Core Aligned