A room transformation is a fun way to review content. It does not need to be elaborate or expensive. This type of activity is meant for students to become involved in a story, and make them feel like they are on an adventure. During this time, students should have meaningful and educational learning experiences. Your classroom will be transformed with decor and activities to create an immersive learning environment.
This room transformation is a math review. It is great for test prep. There are 6 math stations. Each station covers a different standard in the five Common Core math domains. Get your students excited to review math from the year with this fun pirate themed room transformation.
During this room transformation students will have the opportunity to complete up to 6 different stations. The stations include:
- Hidden Picture: Students will complete multiplication problems, and then use the products to color the boxes in the hidden picture.
- Find the Treasure: This is a partner board game that reviews rounding.
- Code Breakers: These are math word problems with fun codes to crack within each question.
- Fraction Matching: Students will match puzzle pieces to create equivalent fractions.
- What’s the Angle? Students will use a spinner to read an angle degree. Then, using a protractor they will draw the angle.
- Shark Attack: Students will practice customary measurement conversions in this fun partner game.
In this packet you will also find:
- A room transformation introduction PowerPoint to use with your students
- 2 different banners for your classroom in 2 different sizes (Print the size that works best for you!)
- 4 different pirate themed posters
- Table tent posters to decorate student desks
- Award tags
- Classroom transformation student job cards
- Sticky badges (to be used as a classroom management tool during the room transformation)
- Scorecards (to be used as a classroom management tool during the room transformation)
- Scoring rubric